The Serena Williams fashion line, dubbed 'Serena,' was recently launched as a tribute to strength and femininity. The collection of clothing was created to help women embrace their own individual growth and express themselves with an empowering range of styles that includes dresses, denim, t-shirts and jackets.
On her new 12-piece line, Serena Williams describes that "My designs are inspired by strong, sexy, sophisticated, sassy, sure, smart, stylish, silly, and spontaneous women who are living their best lives, or making it up as they go—kinda like me."
As an athlete and entrepreneur, Serena Williams has worked with many high-profile brands in the sports and fashion industries, but the debut collection allowed her unique perspective and voice as a leader to come through more than ever before.
The Serena Williams Fashion Line Honors Strength and Femininity
1. Empowering Fashion - The trend of fashion lines that aim to empower and celebrate the individuality of women creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in sustainable and inclusive design.
2. Athlete-designed Fashion - The trend of athletes designing their own fashion lines provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in creating garments that are both functional and fashionable.
3. Gender-inclusive Apparel - The trend of gender-inclusive apparel lines creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in creating fashion that goes beyond traditional gender norms and is accessible to all individuals.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has an opportunity to innovate by embracing more sustainable practices and focusing on creating designs that celebrate the individuality and diversity of consumers.
2. Sports Industry - The sports industry has an opportunity to innovate by collaborating with athletes to design functional and fashionable apparel that meets the needs of active individuals.
3. Inclusive Design Industry - The emerging industry of inclusive design has an opportunity to disrupt traditional fashion norms by creating clothing that is accessible to people of all abilities and genders.