If you're planning to visit the Spanish national art museum anytime soon, the Second Canvas Museo del Prado app is a must-have that will let you get a deeper look at the layers below a painting's surface.
In partnership with Madpixel, the app was developed to give museum visitors a completely new way to look at 14 of its paintings. The app reveals information about each painting, lets users view the paintings with extreme zooms, X-rays and infrared vision, which would normally only ever be seen by curators and art restoration experts.
Now, as well as being able to marvel at the artist's finished products, you can appreciate all of the work that went into it, starting from a sketch underneath all of those layers of paint.
The Second Canvas Museo Del Prado App Shows What's Under a Painting
1. Virtual Art-uncovering Apps - The trend of virtual art-uncovering apps provides an opportunity for museums and art institutions to enhance the visitor experience by allowing them to explore the layers beneath a painting's surface.
2. Extreme Zoom Art Viewing - The trend of extreme zoom art viewing offers opportunities for technology companies to develop innovative solutions that allow users to observe artwork in intricate detail.
3. X-ray and Infrared Vision - The trend of using X-ray and infrared vision technology in art viewing provides an opening for companies specializing in imaging technology to create products that reveal hidden details in paintings.
1. Art Museums - Art museums can leverage virtual art-uncovering apps to provide visitors with a new level of engagement and understanding of their collections.
2. Technology - The technology industry has the potential to disrupt the art viewing experience by developing advanced zooming capabilities that allow users to explore artwork in unprecedented detail.
3. Imaging Technology - Companies specializing in imaging technology can disrupt the art restoration industry by utilizing X-ray and infrared vision technology to reveal hidden layers in paintings without invasive procedures.