In a day and age when viral marketing dominates our televisions, computers and streets, the Samsung Tweetcracker campaign finds a way to surprise the world with something unique, intriguing and highly memorable.
The Samsung Tweetcracker campaign is a viral marketing effort that, through the magic of Twitter, allows users to make three attempts at cracking a safe code each day. The best part is that the winner receives the contents of the safe: a Samsung Series 9 laptop and two around-the-world plane tickets worth $10,000. Forget about some boring prize that you’d never bother wasting time on—this seems to be one campaign that actually makes you want to get involved.
Since the code is designed to be tricky, the Samsung Tweetcracker team will release clues to followers of the Boosted branded Twitter and Facebook pages. If that isn’t enough help, users also have the ability to download a CSV file containing all of the incorrect guesses from other users. That’s just the kind of intel you’d need if you want to get your paws on those beefy $10,000 tickets.
As a jaded observer of a thousand viral marketing campaigns it’s a relief to say that, at long last, I’ve come across a strong example of viral marketing done right. Now if only the rest of the marketing world out there would take a page from the book of the Samsung Tweetcracker team…
So do yourself a favor and check out this campaign. It’s so juicy that I’m almost regretting telling you about it (and thus raising the competition). Oops!
The Samsung Tweetcracker Campaign is a Viral Masterpiece
1. Viral Marketing - The Samsung Tweetcracker campaign showcases the power of viral marketing by creating intrigue and engagement through social media.
2. Interactive Campaigns - Interactive campaigns, like the Samsung Tweetcracker campaign, offer opportunities for brands to captivate audiences and create memorable experiences.
3. Data-driven Marketing - The use of data, such as releasing clues and incorrect guesses, in campaigns like the Samsung Tweetcracker enables brands to better engage with their audience.
1. Technology - The technology industry can leverage viral marketing strategies, like the Samsung Tweetcracker campaign, to generate buzz and increase brand awareness.
2. Travel - The travel industry can explore interactive campaigns, like the Samsung Tweetcracker campaign, to engage with potential customers and create excitement around their offerings.
3. Advertising - The advertising industry can adopt data-driven marketing techniques, like those used in the Samsung Tweetcracker campaign, to better understand consumer behavior and create targeted campaigns.