While you may not be able to do 1,003 bicep curls or be able to play jazz flute, you can now own the fully talking Ron Burgundy action figure.
Costing $45, though not available until the sequel, Anchorman 2, is released, the 13 inch figurine comes fully equipped with a glass of “Scotchy scotch scotch,” an orange bath robe and even his signature Channel 4 news team smirk. The figurine also comes with a dumbbell, a pair of slippers and white sunglasses.
The Ron Burgundy action figure has 12 pre-recorded quotes, which are activated when you press a button on his belly, though what they will be have yet to be disclosed. One would hope, though, that “You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair,” and “I’m trapped in a glass case of emotion!” will be among them.
The Ron Burgundy Action Figure is a Must-Have for Anchorman Fans
1. Pop Culture Collectibles - The rise of collectibles modeled after popular characters and trends allows for new opportunities in licensing and merchandising.
2. Talking Action Figures - There is a growing demand for toys that feature unique sound capabilities, creating opportunities for innovative designs and technology.
3. Nostalgia Marketing - Nostalgia-driven merchandise appeals to consumers who seek to recapture fond memories of beloved pop culture characters and moments.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry has the opportunity to generate revenue streams through merchandise licensing agreements for popular characters and franchises.
2. Toys and Games - Toy manufacturers can innovate by integrating advanced sound capabilities into action figures and other toys.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies have the opportunity to leverage nostalgia to create more effective ad campaigns for products and services.