For honey-lovers who want to give the bees a break, a company called Suzanne’s Specialties has created an alternative sweetener from rice nectar. Available in stores such as Wegman's, Sprouts and Whole Foods, the syrup is ideal for those who are looking for a vegan-friendly way to add a touch of sweetness to their favorite dishes.
The 'Just-Like-Honey Rice Nectar' from Suzanne’s Specialties is an all-natural sweetener that is made from a combination of brown rice syrup, maple syrup, agave syrup and natural flavors. The syrup boasts a rich amber color and a thick consistency, making it very similar to real honey. But unlike real honey, the sweetener is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, hypoallergenic and Kosher -- meaning it can be enjoyed by virtually anyone.
Suzanne’s Specialties' Rice Nectar is an All-Natural Sweetener
1. Alternative Sweeteners - The rise of alternative sweeteners like rice nectar presents an opportunity for businesses to cater to consumers looking for vegan-friendly and gluten-free options.
2. Vegan-friendly Products - The demand for vegan-friendly products, such as rice nectar, is growing, presenting an opportunity for businesses to tap into this niche market.
3. Hypoallergenic Food - The popularity of hypoallergenic food options, like gluten-free rice nectars, opens up potential for companies to innovate and create more allergy-friendly alternatives.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on the trend of alternative sweeteners and develop new products to meet the demands of health-conscious consumers.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can explore the potential of rice nectar and other vegan-friendly products to cater to the growing market of individuals seeking healthier alternatives to traditional sweeteners.
3. Specialty Food - The specialty food industry has an opportunity to create unique and innovative products, like gluten-free rice nectars, that cater to dietary restrictions and preferences.