Retro-themed diners are a popular approach for restaurant interiors as consumers are beginning to be ever-more nostalgic in the digital age. Design studio Sella Concept is employed to create an engaging presence for Piraña — a restaurant and bar located in Balham, London.
The creative firm drew inspiration from the 1950s with a bold color palette, cleverly "avoiding cliche references to South American culture." The areas within the retro-themed diner are divided with reference to "the psychology of behavior behind design and the question of how to encourage behavior through layout, design, and materials." As a result, Sella Concept divides Piraña into areas that are activity-specific — a bright space for dining and a dim-lit environment for drinking. However, the design studio assures that the separation is a flexible one.
Photo Credits: Nicholas Worley
Sella Concept Creates a Laid-Back Atmosphere for Piraña
1. Retro-themed Diners - Creating nostalgic spaces for customers in the digital age.
2. Activity-specific Design - Dividing spaces to encourage certain behaviors.
3. Flexible Separation - Creating dynamic environments that can adapt to customer needs.
1. Restaurant and Hospitality - Innovating interior design to create unique dining experiences.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Utilizing nostalgia as a marketing strategy to attract customers.
3. Architecture and Design - Using psychology and behavior to inform innovative design strategies.