52 FACTORY designed a collection of RED DOLLS, which introduce a fresh new look for traditional Russian toys.
The shapes of the nine low-tech toys in the collection draw inspiration from classic Russian toys, architecture and other symbols that are commonly used, such as the characters for "water" and "sun." On top of the unique shapes of the RED DOLLS are bold, hand-painted patterns that reimagine the works of famous avant-garde Russian artists like Varvara Stepanova, Lyubov Popova, Alexander Rodchenko, as well as some fabric patterns that were popularized in the 20s and 30s.
The ornate wooden toys for kids have the potential to inspire endless hours of creativity and play. As a whole and individually, the RED DOLLS would also make aesthetically pleasing decorative touches within an interior setting.
52 FACTORY's RED DOLLS Modernize Traditional Russian Toys
1. Modernized Traditional Toys - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create modern designs that reinvigorate traditional toys.
2. Hand-painted Artisanal Toys - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop hand-painted toys with unique designs inspired by famous artists.
3. Aesthetic Interior Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design toys that double as decorative elements for interior settings.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate traditional elements into toy manufacturing using modern techniques.
2. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge art and toy design to create visually appealing and educational toys.
3. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine toys and home decor to introduce playful elements into interior design.