The Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2020 runway show at New York Fashion Week was based on the theme of rebirth and explored the various stages of womanhood with a 70s-style twist. The ready-to-wear Spring fashion collection is colorful, feminine and full of bohemian looks with billowing blouses, bright florals and fringe jackets.
In keeping with the theme, the Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2020 collection harmoniously made its debut alongside the brand's new eco-friendly children’s line.
With sustainability in mind, Rebecca Minkoff is changing the way its floral dresses are made. According to Minkoff, "All of the printed pieces are left white until an order is placed, reducing waste and chemical use. Over time, an algorithm will learn pattern buys and keep only the top sellers in stock."
Image Credit: Rebecca Minkoff
Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2020 Explores the Theme of "Rebirth"
1. Sustainable Fashion - Changing the way floral dresses are made and using an algorithm to learn pattern buys and reduce waste and chemical use presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the sustainable fashion industry.
2. 70s-inspired Fashion - Exploring the various stages of womanhood with a 70s-style twist presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry, allowing designers to create modern collections inspired by past trends.
3. Eco-friendly Children's Fashion - Debuting an eco-friendly children's line alongside a Spring fashion collection presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the children's fashion industry, encouraging the adoption of eco-friendly practices.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry presents disruptive innovation opportunities in terms of sustainability and modern interpretations of past trends.
2. Sustainable Fashion - The sustainable fashion industry presents disruptive innovation opportunities in terms of reducing waste and chemical use and creating eco-friendly fashion for children.
3. Children's Fashion - The children's fashion industry presents disruptive innovation opportunities in terms of adopting eco-friendly practices and exploring new ways to create sustainable and fashionable clothing for kids.