Being a chocolate fiend, I will eat whatever chocolate is in front of me, so to be honest, I never really cared whether I was eating processed chocolate or ‘raw’ chocolate. More and more start-up chocolatiers, like Honest Chocolate from South Africa, are focusing on the latter—and there’s a good reason.
According to the Honest Chocolate site, raw chocolate essentially means the cacao beans used are unroasted, which preserves the good nutrients and enzymes like polyphenols and magnesium. Therefore, raw chocolate is better for you.
Honest Chocolate offers two different kinds of raw chocolate—dipped (with cacao nibs on top) and classic molded—which are both sugar and dairy-free.
Honest Chocolate Keeps Things Pure for Max Nutrition Benefits
1. Raw Cacao - Health-conscious consumers increasingly seek out raw cacao products for their superior nutrition benefits.
2. Sugar-free Chocolate - The demand for sugar-free chocolate products is rising, as consumers look for alternatives to conventional high-sugar snacks.
3. Dairy-free Chocolate - Dairy-free chocolate options are gaining popularity among lactose-intolerant and vegan consumers.
1. Health Food - Entrepreneurs in the health food industry can capitalize on the trend toward raw cacao by developing innovative snack and meal products that incorporate this ingredient.
2. Confectionery - Confectionery companies can innovate by experimenting with sugar-free and dairy-free chocolate products to cater to growing demand for healthier snack options.
3. Plant-based - Plant-based food manufacturers can tap into the trend toward dairy-free chocolate by developing new chocolate products that replace milk with non-dairy alternatives, such as nut-based milk or coconut milk.