While many hair salons are focused on selling the hair products that they stock, Ralph & Rice is a forward-thinking sustainable salon that sets itself apart by encouraging product refills. Customers who return to the store for a shampoo or conditioner refill are able to take advantage of a £2 discount.
The only brand that Ralph & Rice stocks is Davines, a family-owned, international hair care brand that is focused on sustainability. Davines' Essential Haircare range uses minimal food-grade plastic and adheres to the guidelines of LifeGate's Zero Impact Project—the carbon dioxide emissions generated by the production of packaging are offset by the purchase of carbon credits.
Some of Ralph & Rice's other efforts to minimize waste include the use of towels made from recycled and recyclable waffled paper and secondhand furniture.
Image Credit: Treatwell
Ralph & Rice Refills Shampoo and Conditioner Products at a Discount
1. Sustainability-focused Salons - Encouraging product refills and promoting sustainable hair care products and practices can disrupt the traditional hair salon industry.
2. Eco-friendly Hair Care Products - Using minimal food-grade plastic and adhering to sustainability guidelines, innovative hair care brands can disrupt the traditional beauty industry.
3. Zero Waste Initiatives - Implementing zero waste initiatives such as using recycled and recyclable materials can disrupt the waste-producing beauty industry.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Innovations in eco-friendly hair care products and salons can disrupt the traditional beauty industry.
2. Sustainability - Sustainability-focused hair salons and the use of sustainable hair care products can disrupt current industry practices and promote sustainable living.
3. Waste Reduction - Zero waste initiatives in the beauty industry can not only benefit the environment but also create disruptive innovation opportunities for waste reduction practices.