The Rakkasan Tea company aims to offer high quality teas, while also offering a charitable business model that makes consumers feel good about purchasing from the brand.
The brand's goal is to source its teas from post-conflict countries in order to help grow their local economies and create good relationships. It currently sources its teas from Nepal, Rwanda, and Sri Lanka, and is hoping to also source them from Uganda, Vietnam, and Burma.
Once the brand has raised enough money on Kickstarter, it will begin to employ military veterans to package and process the tea. This makes the benefits of purchasing from Rakkasan Tea twofold -- helping local farmers and businesses abroad, and helping to support vets in the U.S.
Rakkasan Tea Offers High Quality, Charitable Products
1. Charitable Product - Offering charitable business models in consumer products can be a unique selling proposition in the market.
2. Sustainable Sourcing - Using sustainable sourcing as a value proposition can attract environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Socially Responsible Hiring - Hiring socially responsible employees can create social impact and also enhance brand value in the market.
1. Tea Industry - The tea industry can look at adopting a charitable or sustainable business model to attract consumers who are socially conscious.
2. Agriculture Industry - The agriculture industry can adopt sustainable methods of production that can create a positive impact on local communities and the environment.
3. Veteran Employment Services - Organizations offering services to employ military veterans can look at partnering with socially responsible businesses to create impact through employment opportunities.