Cosmetic brand Colourpop has introduced a My Little Pony-inspired, rainbow makeup collection, in anticipation of the release of the child-favorite movie, which will be appearing in theaters this fall.
The whimsical 14-piece line includes brushes, eyeshadows, highlighters and lipsticks, all which maintain the line's brightly shimmering aesthetic. The lip colors range from light pinks to deep purples, complementing a wide range of skin tones, while eliciting a sense of wonder with names such as "Flutter Valley" or "Lemon Drop." The cosmetic's branding is complemented by its shimmering purple packaging, which is sure to stimulate nostalgia among any fans of the show.
To promote this exclusive line, Colourpop has included a limited-time rainbow at the bottom of its website, which redirects consumers to the My Little Pony Collection page.
The Rainbow Makeup Collection is Inspired by My Little Pony
1. Character Cosmetics - Cosmetic brands are creating makeup lines inspired by popular cartoons and characters, providing new marketing and product development opportunities.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Companies are leveraging nostalgia-inducing branding and packaging to attract consumers who may have fond memories of beloved characters, shows, or movies.
3. Limited Edition Collaborations - Brands are partnering with popular franchises and introducing limited edition collections, creating hype and exclusivity for their products.
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetic brands can integrate their products with popular franchises by designing specialized makeup lines, providing more opportunities for creative marketing and revenue growth.
2. Entertainment - Popular films, shows, and characters can fuel collaboration deals with cosmetic brands and other industries, further expanding their brand and fan base.
3. Retail - Retailers can leverage licensed merchandise to attract fans of popular franchises, adding a new source of revenue to their business.