The new Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2018 Campaign imagery was captured by the talented Willy Vanderperre. Vanderperre and Raf Simons have a long-time partnership and the photographer captured Simons' visions for the upcoming collection. The campaign photoshoot took place in the Chinatown location of Raf Simons' New York Fashion Week show from the previous year.
The Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2018 Campaign focuses on the inspiration from Manchester bands Joy Division and New Order, with the addition of artwork crafted by Peter Saville. Joy Division's cover art for the album 'Unknown Pleasures' makes an appearance on a t-shirt within the background. The New Order lanterns and umbrella are used as props in the setting and more art from Joy Division is drawn from the single, 'Substance.'
Image Credit: Willy Vanderperre
Artwork: Peter Saville
Manchester Bands Influenced Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2018 Designs
1. Glowing Neon Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of glowing neon materials in fashion designs to create eye-catching and unique garments.
2. Manchester Band Influenced Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with music artists to create fashion collections inspired by their iconic album covers and artwork.
3. Artistic Props in Fashion Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate unique props and artwork from different art forms into fashion campaigns to create visually stunning and memorable visuals.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate innovative technologies and materials into the fashion industry, like glowing neon materials.
2. Music - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore collaborations between fashion and music industries to produce unique and artistic fashion collections.
3. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Fuse different artistic mediums, such as fashion and album art, to create visually appealing and culturally significant campaigns.