Raf Simons celebrates retro London with its new Fred Perry collaboration featuring a selection of apparel designs. The duo reworks archival pieces from the British fashion label. It references the subcultures of past eras, nodding specifically to the 80s.
Raf Simons shines a spotlight on images of Brian Flynn, who is seen in photographs of nights out at 100 Club during the years 1982 and 1983. These visuals are printed out and sewn onto silhouettes such as parkas, polo shirts, hoodies, and more. The most notable piece to join the capsule is the polo shirt, boasting details of both contributing brands. Another notable item is the white blazer, with a touch of punk informed elements.
Image Credit: Fred Perry
Raf Simons Unveils a New Fred Perry Collaboration Project
1. 80s Subculture-themed Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to create collections that reference the subcultures of the past era, such as the 80s.
2. Archival Fashion Reinterpretation - Businesses can team up with other companies to bring out new collections that rework and reinterpret their archival pieces in fresh ways.
3. Nostalgia-inspired Fashion Designs - There's a growing market for nostalgia-inspired fashion designs, and businesses can tap into this by incorporating retro elements into their products.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers and labels can utilize 80s subcultures as inspiration for new collections.
2. Collaboration Project - Companies can collaborate with other businesses to reinterpret and bring archival pieces back into the market in a fresh new way.
3. Nostalgia-inspired Designs - Businesses in the fashion industry can tap into the growing market for nostalgia-inspired fashion, creating products that incorporate retro elements to appeal to consumers.