Products that are nostalgic to consumers are being given a more mature overhaul to make them more applicable for a grown-up palette as seen with the new Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats. Released as a limited-edition product, the treats have been formulated to taste just like a slice of pumpkin pie mixed with the familiar texture of the cereal treats. The treats are topped with a drizzle of frosting to mimic the whipped cream that is traditionally placed on top of a slice of the traditional Thanksgiving dessert.
The Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats come as the latest in a growing number of seasonal product releases that move along with consumer traditions to help make them easier to incorporate into a regime.
The Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats Turn Dessert into a Snack
1. Nostalgic Desserts - There is an opportunity for food companies to modernize nostalgic desserts, creating new and innovative tastes that will appeal to consumers of all ages.
2. Seasonal Products - Seasonal product releases are becoming increasingly popular as they provide an easier way for consumers to incorporate traditional flavors into their diets and could open doors for new, unique products.
3. Limited-edition Treats - Creating limited-edition products can create a sense of urgency and exclusivity to drive sales and demand for products that may not have been popular before.
1. Snack Foods - Snack food companies can capitalize on the trend by creating new and innovative products that combine nostalgia with a touch of modern taste.
2. Dessert Products - There's an opportunity for companies to create new and unique dessert products using seasonal flavors that will appeal to consumers, especially for festive occasions like Thanksgiving.
3. Limited-edition Products - Product companies can increase demand and create a sense of urgency around the product by offering limited edition items especially during the festive season.