Thanks to Halloween, pumpkins have become emblematic of the fall, and the new Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat is yet another food to mix it up with the autumnal flavor. The miniature chocolate bars, which have been showing up on shelves in the US, are shaped like a traditional mini Kit Kats, but they're covered in orange chocolate and the wafers are surrounded in pumpkin pie-flavored cream.
Kit Kat is no stranger to odd flavor combinations. The Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat is clearly seasonal, but the iconic chocolate bar has had dozens of interesting flavor iterations around the world, many of which stand alone without any relation to a season or a holiday. Recently, Kit Kat Japan released a throat lozenge flavor, for example.
The Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat is an Autumnal Treat
1. Pumpkin Pie-flavored Chocolates - Innovative uses of traditional flavors can create seasonal interest in established products
2. Novel Flavor Iterations - Exploring new and unusual flavor combinations can provide a unique user experience
3. Seasonal Product/flavor Rebranding - Adding seasonal twists to existing products can help to breathe new life into established brands
1. Confectionery Industry - Creating unusual flavors can help differentiate a brand in the crowded confectionery marketplace
2. Food and Beverage Industry - Innovative flavor combinations can attract consumers looking for new and exciting food experiences
3. Seasonal Marketing and Retail Industry - Seasonal products and rebranding can provide an opportunity to capitalize on market trends and demand