While Ree Drummond is already well known for her award-winning food cooking show 'The Pioneer Woman,' now the chef is taking up a new challenge with plans to open a pizza restaurant called P-Town Pizza.
P-Town Pizza is a brand new pizzeria located in Pawhuska, Oklahoma. The restaurant will feature wood-fire cooked pizzas, as well as wings, salads, desserts, and craft cocktails. The restaurant is a joint venture with Drummond's husband of 21 years, Ladd. It is also the second venture for the couple, with their first restaurant The Mercantile opening back in 2016 to rave reviews. In fact, The Mercantile has been so successful that it helped Pawhuska, a tiny town of just 3,500 residents, push its visitors to 6,000 per day.
Image Credit: P-Town Pizza.
The Pioneer Woman is Set to Open a Pizza Shop Called P-Town Pizza
1. Celebrity-owned Restaurants - There is a growing trend of celebrities opening their own restaurants, presenting opportunities for unique culinary experiences and brand collaborations.
2. Wood-fire Cooking - The popularity of wood-fire cooking is on the rise, offering a traditional cooking method that can attract food enthusiasts and create a distinct flavor profile.
3. Small Town Tourism - The success of The Mercantile in Pawhuska highlights the trend of small towns attracting tourists through unique attractions and experiences, opening up opportunities for local businesses and economic growth.
1. Restaurant Industry - The opening of celebrity-owned restaurants such as P-Town Pizza creates opportunities for collaboration, innovation, and offering unique dining experiences.
2. Food and Beverage Industry - The rising popularity of wood-fire cooking presents innovation opportunities for equipment manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, and foodservice businesses aiming to cater to this trend.
3. Hospitality and Tourism Industry - The success of Pawhuska in attracting visitors through The Mercantile demonstrates the potential for small towns to leverage unique attractions, local businesses, and hospitality services to boost tourism and economic development.