This Spanish anti-drug smuggling PSA drives the point home for anyone who's considered doing it.
“Do you honestly think getting drugs abroad could be a laugh?” asks the PSA. “2,000 Spanish citizens are no longer laughing. When you travel, keep away from drugs.”
This copy is complemented with typical tragic prison scenarios (dropping the soap and getting slashed with a knife). The images show the prisoners laughing while doing these things, in order to showcase the absurdity of taking drug smuggling lightly.
PSA Shows Outcome of Drug Smuggling
1. Anti-drug Propaganda - Opportunity for companies to create innovative campaigns that strongly discourage drug smuggling and convey the dangerous consequences of the activity.
2. Humor in PSA - Opportunity for businesses to create effective public service announcements using humor to capture the attention of the audience.
3. Impact of Shock Factor - Opportunity for organizations to use shock factor in their messaging to get their message across more effectively.
1. Advertising - Companies in the advertising industry can capitalize on the use of humor and shock factor in their campaigns.
2. Law Enforcement - Opportunity for law enforcement agencies to partner with businesses to create more impactful anti-drug smuggling campaigns.
3. Media and Entertainment - Opportunity for media and entertainment businesses to use their platforms to deliver effective anti-drug smuggling messaging to their audiences.