Urban Outfitters is launching a new private-label cosmetics line dubbed 'Ohii' that will appeal to the retailer's target consumer with a focus on simplicity, aesthetics and affordability—everything in the line is available for under $25.
In total, Ohii will introduce consumers to 13 new products in multiple shades and scents, including everything from shimmery detoxifying face masks to fun lip glosses with of-the-moment names like Rose Quartz, as well as convenient undereye moisturizing pens and the Ohii Glass Powder, which seems to reference a highly desirable type of skin in the world of Korean beauty.
With its new cosmetics line, Urban Outfitters touts Ohii as a solution to "[fill in the blanks of every beauty routine with thoughtful products developed to work well with others."
Urban Outfitters' 'Ohii' Shares Makeup Products for Under $25
1. Affordable Private-label Cosmetics - The trend towards affordable and easily accessible make-up products drives the opportunity for businesses to enter the market with private-label lines, thus creating an opportunity to capture a new customer base.
2. Simplicity and Aesthetics in Cosmetics - The shift towards simple and aesthetically pleasing packaging and ingredients is an opportunity for companies to differentiate themselves in a crowded market and appeal to customers seeking a more mindful and environmentally friendly approach to beauty.
3. Multi-functional Beauty Products - The trend towards multi-functional beauty products that provide consumers with solutions to fill in gaps in their beauty routines creates an opportunity for businesses to offer innovative and convenient products that cater to busy consumers.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - As evidenced by Urban Outfitters' launch of their private label 'Ohii' cosmetics line, there is an opportunity for companies to offer affordable and accessible beauty products that appeal to a younger and more diverse customer base.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the trend towards private-label cosmetics by offering their own affordable lines, thereby providing greater customer choice and increasing brand loyalty.
3. Packaging - The trend towards simple and aesthetically pleasing packaging creates an opportunity for companies specializing in sustainable and decorative packaging to differentiate themselves in the cosmetics market.