This intimate private bar houses two people inside of a small wooden cabinet, creating a cozy feel for a pair to share a drink or two. The furniture piece 'Bar Non-Lieu' was designed after the modern architect Adolf Loos' American bar -- a speakeasy located in the center of Vienna during the early 1900s.
The cabinet has a simple design with folding doors to create a private space. From the outside, the legs of the people within can be seen, while their upper body and heads are kept hidden. Inside the structure, design elements are taken from the historic speakeasy -- mirrored walls and mahogany-like surfaces resemble the bar on a miniature scale.
This private bar is not only a furniture piece but also a retreat to escape into, where a couple can share private chats, some drinks and even a cigarette thanks to the incorporated chimney.
This Private Bar is a Folding Cabinet with Room for 2 to Share a Drink
1. Private Drinking Experiences - Creating intimate and exclusive spaces for people to share a drink and socialize in a unique and private setting.
2. Retreat Furniture - Designing furniture pieces with private and secluded spaces, offering individuals or pairs a sense of escape and relaxation.
3. Historic-inspired Designs - Taking inspiration from the past to create furniture pieces that evoke a sense of nostalgia or bring back iconic elements.
1. Furniture Design - Exploring innovative furniture designs that cater to private and intimate experiences, incorporating unique features that enhance the user's enjoyment.
2. Hospitality - Adapting private bar concepts for the hospitality industry, offering guests exclusive and personalized drinking experiences within hotel rooms or private venues.
3. Interior Design - Incorporating historic-inspired designs like speakeasy elements into interior spaces, providing a sense of nostalgia and uniqueness to residential or commercial properties.