The ConBody (#DoTheTime) workout facility located in New York City is a prison gym inspired by the aesthetic of a jailhouse and run by a former ex-con. The owner, Coss Marte, applies the same rugged mentality of working out in a prison to a gym for consumers to attend with a themed location and workouts that suit the aesthetic.
Marte's studio features a prison door and grey lockers as well as a lineup wall upon entrance and even haves a website that showcases intake details to keep both the virtual branding and store branding uniform. The gym's workouts are based off of ones Marte developed and practice while doing time. The exercises are based off of a mixture of Marte's own and ones he learned in completing the Shock exercise program.
The ConBody Workout Facility is Inspired by the Aesthetic of a Jail
1. Themed Gyms - Opportunity for gyms to create unique and immersive workout environments based on different themes.
2. Ex-con Fitness - The rise of fitness programs and facilities run by former inmates, offering a unique perspective and authenticity to fitness training.
3. Prison Workout Programs - Growing interest in workout programs based on exercises developed and practiced by inmates in correctional facilities.
1. Fitness Centers - Fitness centers can differentiate themselves by adopting themed workout environments and offering specialized programs like Ex-Con Fitness.
2. Tourism and Entertainment - Opportunity for tourism and entertainment companies to create prison-themed experiences, including workout facilities, to cater to unique and immersive consumer preferences.
3. Online Fitness Platforms - Online fitness platforms can incorporate prison workout programs into their offerings, providing users with diverse and authentic exercise routines.