While our sister site, Trend Hunter, has already published a piece called "Artisanal Lifestyle Websites" on Blake Lively's new Preserve website, we would like, here, to focus on Preserve's "greater good" interest. They offer an interesting model for being open about how social contributions can and will change as the company itself grows.
Preserve is, as they say, a for-profit business. At the same time, they wre committed to community involvement. "Preserve.us," which is their URL, also reflects an "us-ness," as a community of togetherness, something that we can all get behind. Or at least that's the goal.
"We have set our first goal of giving 5,000 children a meal, 2,000 children a blanket, and 2,700 children a warm hoodie, all within the U.S," they write on their website." "We’re a small, but growing company. Our giving reflects our age. As we mature so will our contribution both fiscally and physically."
We will certainly see more of this in the future, of publications and other brands coming out of the blue with their own mission statement. Preserve is currently partnered with Covenant House and we look forward to see how their giving mission will grow over the next little while.
Preserve on Facebook
Preserve on Twitter
Preserve on Pinterest
Preserve on Instagram
Preserve's Social Good Mission Will Change as it Grows
1. Philanthropic Contributions in Business - This trend highlights the opportunity for businesses to incorporate philanthropy into their core mission and communicate their social contributions as they grow.
2. Community Engagement - This trend focuses on the importance of building a sense of community and togetherness in businesses and brands, and how it can drive social impact.
3. Evolving Giving Models - This trend showcases the need for businesses to adapt their giving models as they mature, both in terms of financial contributions and physical impact.
1. E-commerce - Within the e-commerce industry, there is an opportunity for companies to integrate philanthropic initiatives into their business models, creating a positive social impact.
2. Publishing - The publishing industry can benefit from incorporating social mission statements into their brand identities, driving community engagement and social good.
3. Non-profit Partnerships - Collaborations between for-profit businesses, like Preserve, and non-profit organizations create disruptive innovation opportunities for impactful giving and community involvement.