Stereos have undergone little innovation since its original design, but one music player called 'Pour Reception' is hoping to change that through offering a more engaging method of music listening for consumers.
The design has replaced the traditional on and off button with a pressure-sensitive interface, that responds when a glass of water has been placed onto it. To change the frequencies, users can pour water from one glass to another, while touching the glass can change the sound quality, and touching the water changes the volume. This playful radio focuses less on the item's technological components and more on it's design, creating a device that enables the consumer to form a more emotional connection with the product.
Image Credit: Pour Reception
Pour Reception is Controlled with Two Glasses of Water
1. Pressure-sensitive Interfaces - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new interfaces for electronic devices that respond to pressure for enhanced user engagement.
2. Interactive Audio Experiences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design interactive audio devices that enable users to change frequencies, sound quality, and volume through physical interactions.
3. Emotional Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create products that prioritize emotional connection with consumers through innovative design features.
1. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate pressure-sensitive interfaces into a range of consumer electronic devices, enhancing user experience.
2. Audio Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop audio equipment that promotes interactive experiences and allows users to customize sound quality and volume.
3. Product Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Improve product designs to prioritize emotional connection and engagement, leveraging innovative features and aesthetics.