'Post Consumer Brands,' the American cereal manufacturer based in Lakeville, Minnesota, announced a new commitment to creating 100% recyclable packaging across its product base by 2025. The company has been working toward this sustainability goal for years and has now cut its packaging down to 90% recyclable. The remaining 10% are the most difficult, but the company believes its packaging research and development division is capable of finding a solution in the coming years.
Post Consumer Brands is most known for its iconic cereal lines such as Waffle Crisp, Pebbles, Bran Flakes, and Chips Ahoy!. As of now, the company has successfully reduced millions of pounds of unrenewable resources across its diverse portfolio of cereals. Post Consumer Brands stated that one of its primary concerns with creating a 100% recyclable packaging solution is costs, as it does not want to increase the cost of its products significantly.
Image Credit: Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands will Feature Fully Recyclable Packaging by 2025
1. Sustainable Packaging - Post Consumer Brands is setting a new industry standard for sustainable packaging by committing to creating fully recyclable packaging for its cereals by 2025.
2. Recycling Innovation - Post Consumer Brands' packaging research and development division has the opportunity to disrupt the recycling industry by finding a solution for the remaining 10% of packaging that is not yet recyclable.
3. Cost-effective Sustainability - Post Consumer Brands' focus on maintaining affordable prices for its products while making sustainable packaging advancements presents an opportunity for cost-effective sustainability solutions.
1. Consumer Packaged Goods - Post Consumer Brands' commitment to sustainability can lead the consumer packaged goods industry towards more sustainable practices.
2. Packaging Manufacturing - Post Consumer Brands' innovation in creating fully recyclable packaging presents an opportunity for the packaging manufacturing industry to adopt and improve sustainable practices.
3. Environmental Services - Post Consumer Brands' efforts to reduce the use of unrenewable resources and move towards 100% recyclable packaging presents an opportunity for environmental services companies to provide more sustainable solutions in waste management.