The Ume Plum Liqueur is marketed as an interesting and highly unique beverage with "a show-stopping royal purple hue." The flavor is "delightfully tart [and] mildly sweet," making for an excellent addition to cocktails or on-the-rocks consumption.
The plum liqueur is expertly handcrafted in California, using all-natural plums, dark cherries, and grapes. In order to complicate the flavor even further, the brand adds small but suggestive hints of green apple and lemon. The plum liqueur is also naturally gluten-free and not heavy on sugar.
The brand behind the plum liqueur, Ume, launched in 2020 as the founders Jenn Toyzer and Katy Brandes found themselves on a "quest to curate a unique and versatile beverage that is an experience in and of itself.."
Image Credit: Ume
The Ume Plum Liqueur is Expertly Handcrafted in California
1. Handcrafted Plum Liqueurs - There is potential for handcrafted, artisanal plum liqueurs to disrupt traditional mass-produced liquor brands.
2. Natural Ingredients in Spirits - The use of all-natural ingredients in spirit production could disrupt traditional artificial flavorings and additives in the liquor industry.
3. Unique Cocktail Ingredients - The trend of adding unique flavors, such as green apple and lemon, to cocktail ingredients could disrupt traditional cocktail recipes and encourage creativity in mixology.
1. Craft Distilleries - This trend presents an opportunity for craft distilleries to produce unique and high-quality spirits to compete against larger, mass-produced liquor brands.
2. Natural Foods & Beverages - The use of all-natural ingredients in spirit production aligns with the trend towards natural foods and beverages, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities beyond just the liquor industry.
3. Cocktail Bars - The trend of using unique ingredients in cocktails presents an opportunity for cocktail bars to stand out and attract clientele who are looking for more creative and unique drink options.