The Meatless Farm is an all-new vegan brand sharing plant-based "beef" alternatives exclusively through Sainsbury’s. As The Meatless Farm founder Morten Toft Bech notes, "We are entering the market at a time when demand is growing and meat-free alternatives are becoming increasingly mainstream."
The affordable, meat-free products offered by the brand include a high-protein Meat Free Mince and fresh burger patties that boast the same look and texture as real meat. These products will be sold in the chilled meat section of Sainsbury’s and can be prepared in the same way as a regular meat mince, which will be a comfort to those who may be new to vegetarian options.
These vegan-friendly meat alternatives are made with soy and pea protein and will help to satisfy a growing number of consumers in the UK who are looking for entirely plant-based meat substitutes.
The Meatless Farm Makes Plant-Based "Beef" with Soy and Pea Protein
1. Plant-based Meat Alternatives - The rise of vegan brands like Meatless Farm presents opportunities for innovation in creating more options for meat substitutes.
2. Sustainable Farming and Agriculture - The use of soy and pea protein in Meatless Farm's products highlights an opportunity to explore more sustainable farming practices and their role in creating plant-based meat alternatives.
3. Mainstreaming of Vegetarian and Vegan Lifestyles - The increasing demand for meat-free alternatives and the availability of products like Meatless Farm's in a major supermarket chain signals an opportunity for businesses to cater to the growing vegetarian and vegan market.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry has a significant scope for innovation in developing vegetarian and vegan-friendly alternatives through novel ingredients and product development strategies.
2. Retail - The growing demand for plant-based meat alternatives opens up new opportunities for supermarkets like Sainsbury's to supply ethical and sustainable alternatives to consumers.
3. Agriculture and Farming - Sustainable farming practices that focus on plant-based protein, like those used by Meatless Farm, presents a competitive opportunity for agriculture and farming industries looking to cater to the growing niche market of plant-based meat alternatives.