Ogilvy & Mather Colombia recently had the opportunity to come up with an interactive campaign for famous Mattel board game Pictionary. The object of the campaign was to show people how easy it is to draw fast.
Ogilvy & Mather Colombia and Pictionary set up an interactive photo booth in a major Colombian shopping mall. Instead of having a camera take your picture, an artist was behind the booth drawing the people that came through to enjoy the free photo booth.
The recipients of the drawn photos had a blast. It was lots of fun and created easy exposure to over 15,000 people. People also began posting their photos on Facebook, which created more awareness and buzz for the Pictionary board game.
Pictionary Sets Up a Picture Station to Show the Game's Attributes
1. Interactive Photo Booths - Opportunity for other brands and businesses to create interactive experiences for consumers through photo booths.
2. User-generated Content - Potential for brands to encourage customers to share content related to their products or campaigns on social media for increased exposure.
3. Experience Marketing - Growing trend of using experiential marketing strategies to engage consumers in unique and memorable ways.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for agencies and marketers to incorporate interactive photo booths into their campaigns.
2. Entertainment - Potential for the entertainment industry to use interactive experiences like photo booths to promote movies, TV shows, and events.
3. Social Media - Opportunity for social media platforms to create features or partnerships that facilitate the sharing of user-generated content, such as photos from interactive photo booths.