The First International Arts Pestival takes place in London. It's dedicated to raising awareness of the integral role insects play in the global ecosystem and in all animal societies. Many of those insects are increasingly endangered through human action.
Through appreciation of â€œinsects in art and the art of being an insectâ€, the Pestival aims to create positive PR for this 400-million-year-old, highly evolved taxon that has had thousands of years of bad press.
Implications - In today's increasingly urbanizing population, it is important that consumers stay informed on important and influential environmental conditions. Businesses that devote their efforts to keeping metropolitan populations informed will benefit in large ways.
1. Insect Appreciation - Brands and businesses can create eco-friendly campaigns centered around insects to bring awareness to their importance within the ecosystem.
2. Art and Sustainability - The intersection of art and sustainability can provide new avenues for innovative marketing campaigns and product designs with a focus on conservation and preservation.
3. Environmental Awareness - Businesses can leverage the growing concern for the environment to create initiatives that educate and encourage consumers to take actions towards sustainability.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can incorporate insect education and appreciation into films, television, and other media, creating awareness and appreciation for the role of insects in our ecosystem.
2. Fashion - Brands can create sustainable and eco-friendly fashion lines that use insects as inspiration or directly incorporate insect-based materials, promoting environmental awareness through fashion.
3. Food and Beverage - With insect-based foods and beverages becoming increasingly popular as a sustainable protein source, companies can leverage the trend to create new and innovative products that offer a solution to the growing food shortage and promote environmental sustainability.