Shot entirely in black and white, the Pepe Jeans London SS14 ad campaign is given a bit of a retro appeal even though the designs are steeped in modernity. Nevertheless, it embraces the cool cat attitude present in such classics as 'West Side Story' and 'Grease,' without being overly banal about the influence. Not to mention that it adds a timelessness to the looks.
Starring models Behati Prinsloo, Marta Dyks and George Alsford, the Pepe Jeans London SS14 ad campaign was lensed by photographer Josh Olins. Complementing the denim pieces with plaid, casual tees and bomber jackets, stylist Clare Richardson expertly outfitted the gang in a way that will appeal to many. Captured against a cobblestone backdrop with a classic car as the perfect prop, the ad campaign will capture people's attention instantly.
The Pepe Jeans London SS14 Campaign Stars Behati Prinsloo
1. Retro Fashion - The use of vintage-inspired elements in modern designs can offer opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by creating unique and nostalgic products.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Using elements from past eras can be an effective way to attract consumers who are seeking a sense of familiarity and comfort in their purchases.
3. Photography-based Advertising Campaigns - Incorporating highly stylized and visually appealing photography in advertising campaigns can capture the attention of consumers and differentiate a brand from its competitors.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the use of retro and nostalgic elements in modern designs and marketing campaigns to create unique and memorable products.
2. Automotive - The use of classic cars as props in advertising campaigns can create powerful visual and emotional connections with consumers, as well as attract automotive enthusiasts.
3. Advertising/marketing - Incorporating visually striking and innovative techniques in advertising campaigns can set a brand apart from its competitors and capture the attention of consumers.