The Peg Chair is a simple design with a fun quirk. Instead of hiding all of the construction behind upholstery, the wooden support of the backrest pierces through it for a detail that elevates the look immensely. Due to the careful placement of these wooden stakes, the Peg Chair is still very comfortable to rest in. In fact, it gives the backrest a nipped-in curve that provides a firmer lower back support.
Designed by Japanese studio Nendo for Italian furniture manufacturer Cappellini, the Peg Chair is inspired by ‘supermini’ cars like the Fiat 500 and smart cars that easily navigate winding European streets. Small and compact, it is especially perfect for tight spaces such as studio apartments.
The Peg Chair is available in two colors: brown and white.
The Peg Chair by Nendo Comfortably Provides a Compact Perch
1. Visible Support Seating - Designing chairs with visible support structures that add aesthetic value to the piece, in addition to improving the comfort of the user.
2. Compact Furniture Design - Designing furniture that takes into consideration small spaces, such as studio apartments, while still providing comfort to the user.
3. Quirky Details in Furniture Design - Adding playful details to furniture design that create an elevated look, while still providing functionality to the user.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Design and manufacture chairs and other furniture pieces that utilize visible support structures, provide comfort, and take into consideration small spaces.
2. Interior Design - Design and create living spaces with furniture that is both visually appealing and functional, taking into consideration small spaces.
3. Home Decor - Curate and sell seating and furniture with unique and quirky design details, particularly in pieces made for small spaces.