The Pedalist is a nifty electric pedal car-trike hybrid vehicle, developed by San Diego-based Virtue Cycle Solutions, that could hit the streets some time next year.
The Pedalist is remarkably only 86 cm wide, which means it's skinny enough to get through most doorways. The vehicle's motor will be supplied by Virtue depending on buyers' individual requirements. For example, some buyers may be looking for top range while others may want to focus on plenty of torque for climbing hills.
The developers of the Pedalist are considering running a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for production of the vehicle. The aim is to begin production at some point in 2015. The vehicle is likely to be priced somewhere between $3,500 and $3,900 not including the battery and motor.
The Virtue Pedalist is a Hybrid Between a Cargo Trike and a Pedal Car
1. Compact Electric Trikes - The Virtue Pedalist is a nifty electric pedal car-trike hybrid vehicle that could hit the streets next year.
2. Customizable Electric Motors - Buyers can choose the motor supplied by Virtue based on their individual requirements, providing disruptive innovation potential in electric motor customization.
3. Crowdfunding for Production - The developers are considering running a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for production, highlighting the trend of crowdfunding as a means to launch innovative products.
1. Electric Vehicles - The Virtue Pedalist is a disruptive innovation in the electric vehicle industry, offering a compact and customizable electric trike option.
2. Crowdfunding - The potential Kickstarter campaign for the Pedalist showcases the disruptive opportunity for the crowdfunding industry to support the production of unique and innovative vehicles.
3. Personal Transportation - The Pedalist combines the features of a cargo trike and a pedal car, presenting a disruptive trend in the personal transportation industry with its compact and versatile design.