Those who shop at the Lotte Department Store in Seoul, South Korea will soon have the chance to streaming their shopping experiences thanks to an all-new smart payment kiosk.
The 'Smart Shopper' payment kiosk is installed in a section of Lotte known as the Smart Department Store, which has been established in partnership with mobile network operator SK Telecom. At one of these kiosks, a customer is able to scan an item's barcode with a handheld scanning device and complete their payment with NFC-enabled BLE technologies.
Alongside these Smart Shopper kiosks, the Lotte Department Store and SKT also offer the Smart Locker for storing small refrigerated goods that can be securely accessed via a mobile device, as well as the Smart Table, which serves as an interactive shopping information desk.
South Korea's Lotte Department Store Boasts an Intuitive Check-Out Experience
1. Smart Payment Kiosks - As the world becomes more cashless, smart payment kiosks are a disruptive opportunity for retail businesses to offer fast and convenient payment options for customers.
2. Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology - NFC technology integrated with smart payment kiosks is a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to offer contactless payment options for customers.
3. Smart Lockers - Smart lockers provide a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to offer secure storage for small refrigerated goods, accessible via mobile devices.
1. Retail Industry - Smart payment kiosks present a disruptive opportunity for retailers to integrate cashless payment options and enhance the overall customer experience.
2. Mobile Network Industry - Partnerships between mobile network operators and retailers, such as SK Telecom and Lotte Department Store, offer a disruptive opportunity to provide innovative solutions for customers.
3. Information Technology (IT) Industry - The integration of NFC technology and smart lockers offers a disruptive opportunity for IT companies to innovate and provide secure and convenient solutions for retail businesses.