With the campaign for 'Army of Lovers,' clothing company Billionaire Boys Club promotes self-love and communal harmony through patched fabric streetwear designs. According to BBC, the message of the collection "reflects political climates and societal reaction with themes stemming from war, rebellion and unity."
The Spring 2018 capsule features flower-patterned reversible jackets with simple slogan stamps and peace signs, army-inspired apparel, as well as stencil-effect fabrics. However, the originality of the pieces stems from the revival of patched fabric streetwear. Encompassing the rebellious attitude of teens, Billionaire Boys Club creates jackets with pattern-versatile fabric patches, as well as a classic ombre-colored button up shirt, which transcends from a yellow and blue checkered print to a green and white one.
Billionaire Boys Club's Spring Capsule is Centered Around Peace
1. Patched Fabric Streetwear - The resurgence of patched fabric streetwear opens opportunities for sustainable and personalized fashion items.
2. Rebellion-inspired Apparel - Designing clothes that embody rebellion and activism could be an innovation opportunity for fashion brands catering to socially conscious consumers.
3. Floral Prints in Men’s Fashion - The rise in popularity of floral prints in menswear opens new design possibilities for fashion brands.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate sustainable fashion practices and materials in their designs to appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Activism and Social Awareness - There is opportunity for brands that promote social awareness and activism through their clothing lines.
3. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the resurgence of patched fabric streetwear and add customization services for personalized style.