Providing inspiration for the Swiss fashion brand Akris' Paris Fashion Week 2015 collection was architect Sou Fujimoto's portfolio of buildings. The fashion that was showcased on the runway was reminiscent of various building materials like metal, glass and wood.
The garments in the Summer/Spring 2016 line included a metallic box-like dress paired with two-toned platform shoes. Another look featured a translucent sleeveless dress that was reminiscent of a pane of glass. Outfits were inspired by his Miami blue glass shopping mall, Serpentine Gallery Pavilion and even his red-ink sketches.
Many models at Akris' Paris Fashion Week 2015 show were also dawning silver, futuristic sunglasses akin to those that Sou Fujimoto wears. Creative director Albert Kriemler had met the architect while he was working on a Parisian university and became inspired by his multi-sensory work.
Paris Fashion Week 2015 Displayed Garments Based on Famous Buildings
1. Architecture-inspired Fashion - The rise of fashion design based on the visual language and symbolism of architecture.
2. Fashion Meets Architecture - The convergence of architectural principles and fashion design, creating a new kind of hybrid expression.
3. Architectural Designs in Fashion - The integration of different architectural materials and structures into fashion design for innovative clothing looks.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers integrating the visual language and principles of architecture into their designs to set themselves apart in the market.
2. Architecture - Architects partnering with fashion designers to explore new applications for their patented designs in the realm of fashion.
3. Technology - Fashion-tech start-ups creating software or fabrics that blend ideas between fashion and architecture to create next-level smart garments.