The Palm Companion is the latest device from the brand that seeks to simplify the lifestyle of smartphone-obsessed users by helping them achieve efficiency and balance.
Boasting a size that is larger than a smartwatch but smaller than a traditional smartphone, the device is touted as being ultra-portable and also outfitted with fitness sensors for tracking health data. The Palm Companion is being positioned as a supplemental solution for smartphone users who are looking for a way to stay connected without constantly having to keep their smartphone in hand. This is evident with the announcement of the Life Mode functionality on the device, which allows users to turn off connectivity and/or Internet to focus more on the task or experience at hand.
The Palm Companion is a Compact Solution for Mobile Users
1. Supplemental Devices for Smartphone - Several companies are crafting supplemental devices that can help mobile users achieve efficiency and balance, and disrupt industry standards of what is considered essential for a mobile user.
2. Ultra-portable Devices - Small, supplementary devices like the Palm Companion are paving the way for even more compact and efficient devices to encourage more streamlined lifestyles.
3. Health Tracking in Wearables - Wearable health technology is advancing to make tracking one's health even more convenient and thorough with efficiency-focused devices like the Palm Companion.
1. Mobile Devices - Companies in the mobile device industry should consider supplementary devices (like the Palm Companion) to better serve efficiency-obsessed consumers.
2. Wearable Fitness Technology - Wearable fitness technology industry has an opportunity to create devices similar to Palm Companion that uses efficiency and is also functional for health tracking.
3. Mobile Accessories - Mobile accessories industry has an opportunity to expand into the supplemental device space, targeting consumers who are looking for more efficient ways to stay connected.