Palazzo Marignoli is an eclectic palace in Rome, located near the Piazza Colonna in the center of Rome. The building was built between 1878 and 1883 by architect Salvatore Bianchi and originally served as the home of Marquis Filippo Marignoli. As such, the architecture is very telling of the aesthetic sensibilities of the time.
Fosters + Partners recently converted the Palazzo Marignoli into an Apple Store. The project saw the uncovering of many historic features and opened up a central courtyard that is open to the public. Centering the aesthetic visual history of the building was a key concern for the architectural firm and one can clearly see this in the portions of the building that Foster + Partners focused on bringing out.
Image Credit: Dezeen