Millions of people follow 'Overheard LA' on Instagram to see some of the ridiculous and relatable things that people in Los Angeles are saying to one another—and soon, people will be able to read this social media content offline in the form of 'Overheard Post,' a physical newspaper.
In Los Angeles, just 7,500 copies of the free Overheard Post, a satirical newspaper that offers humor that specifically appeals to Millennials. The printed newspaper includes obituaries for certain parts of pop culture and even a Millennial weather report that details how moods tend to change with the temperature. As well as featuring articles and a crystal of the month, Overheard Post also explores a new way for the online account to make revenue with printed ads from partners like Bumble, Pop Chips and Parachute.
Image Credit: Shelby Bryant
Instagram's Viral 'Overheard LA' is Creating an 'Overheard Post'
1. Satirical Social Media Newsletters - Opportunity to create satirical print and digital newsletters that appeal to specific age groups and interest niches.
2. Offline Adaptation of Social Media Content - Opportunity to transform viral social media content into offline media publications for wider reach.
3. Branded Content in Satirical News Media - Opportunity for businesses to connect with younger audiences through print and digital ads in satirical news media.
1. Digital Media - As social media platforms continue to grow, creating alternative formats for their content to be consumed is a disruptive opportunity for media companies.
2. Advertising - Businesses should explore advertising within satirical news media as a marketing channel to reach younger demographics with niche interests.
3. Publishing - Traditional publishing houses could adapt and partner with popular digital content creators to create offline publications for wider audiences.