Most wine tastings are designed to be relaxing, but the Oregon Wine Country tour through Pedal Bike Tours of Portland will definitely have you working up a thirst before enjoying any wine.
Pedal Bike Tours of Portland offers several other tours by bike, including visits to breweries, the coast and downtown areas, but for the most part, these tours are marked as having "flat" terrain—whereas the Oregon Wine Country tour is described as "hilly." This wine tour is definitely not a leisurely ride through something flat like California's Napa Valley and this tour is probably best suited for those who are both wine and cycling enthusiasts.
The tour package covers 10 miles over the span of about five hours and costs $89 per person, with an additional $10-15 for each wine tasting session.
Pedal Bike Tours Takes Wine Lovers Through Hilly Oregon Wine Country
1. Wine Tours on Bikes - Businesses can capitalize on the niche market of adventurous wine and cycling enthusiasts by offering more tours on bikes.
2. Sustainable Tourism - There is an opportunity for businesses to focus on sustainable tourism by offering tours that have a low carbon footprint, such as bike tours.
3. Experiential Tourism - Businesses can capitalize on the trend of experiential tourism by creating unique and active experiences, such as wine tours on bikes.
1. Wine Industry - Wine companies can partner with local bike tour companies to promote their wines and create unique experiences for consumers.
2. Tourism Industry - Tourism companies can promote sustainable and active tourism through bike tours of local wineries.
3. Outdoor Recreation Industry - Outdoor recreation companies can expand their offerings to include bike tours of local wineries to attract wine and cycling enthusiasts.