Swedish heavy metal band Opeth recently teamed up with Northern Monk Brew Co. to release a new pale ale. While the band previously worked with the brewery to release its XXV Anniversary Imperial Stout back in 2015, now the famous rockers are looking to create a lighter brew for fans.
The new beer from Northern Monk Brew Co. is called Communion Pale Ale and it was developed with input from the Swedish rockers. The new brew is much lighter than Opeth's previous beer, however it still packs a great deal of flavor. The beer itself is an American pale ale brewed with a UK malt backbone and US hops such as equinox and citra. With hint of pine, citrus and spice, the easy-drinking brew has been pegged as a "perfect gig refreshment."
The collaborative beer demonstrates how celebrities can team up with craft brewers to produce unique products that fans will enjoy.
The Swedish Band 'Opeth' is Set to Release a New Pale Ale
1. Celebrity Collaborative Beers - Opportunities exist for breweries to partner with celebrities or influencers to release a unique line of signature beers for fans.
2. Lighter Beer Releases - The demand for lighter, refreshing brews like pale ales presents an opportunity for breweries to innovate and expand their product lines.
3. Craft Beer Marketing by Genres or Bands - Craft breweries can tap into fan culture and collaborate with bands or influencers to market beer by genre-specific or band-branded products.
1. Brewing Industry - Craft breweries can continue to innovate and expand their product lines while capitalizing on the popularity of collaborations with celebrities or influencers.
2. Entertainment Industry - Bands or celebrities can diversify their revenue streams and connect with fans by collaborating with craft breweries to create signature beer products.
3. Lifestyle Industry - Beer culture and fandom provides lifestyle brands with a unique opportunity to leverage consumer passion through brand partnerships or collaborations with craft breweries.