In an effort to develop a solution to the massive amounts of discarded plastic in the ocean, the Ocean Heroes Bootcamp will leverage the imaginative minds of children. The inaugural camp will be run in New Orleans from June 2nd to 4th and will be open to kids ages 11 to 18.
Participants of the Ocean Heroes Bootcamp will meet at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and will join forces with over 1,000 youth environmental activists to address the expanding amount of plastic being umped into the ocean. The Bootcamp will also feature celebrity environmentalists including Nickelodeon actor Aidan Gallagher and Entourage star and U.N. Environment Goodwill Ambassador Adrian Grenier.
The Ocean Heroes Bootcamp will not just be a simple exercise, as the plans developed in this camp will be presented to world leaders at the 2018 G7 Summit in Canada.
The Ocean Heroes Bootcamp Aims to Solve Plastic Waste in the Ocean
1. Youth-led Environmental Solutions - The Ocean Heroes Bootcamp is tapping into the creative minds of young people to solve environmental problems, creating opportunities for youth-led initiatives and innovations.
2. Celebrity Influenced Environmentalism - The involvement of celebrity environmentalists Adrian Grenier and Aidan Gallagher in the Ocean Heroes Bootcamp may inspire a trend of more high-profile individuals advocating for environmental causes and lending their voices and influence to create change.
3. Innovative Approaches to Environmental Education - The Ocean Heroes Bootcamp’s interactive approach to educating children about environmental issues may inspire a new wave of innovative programs that take a hands-on approach to teaching and engaging youth in environmental activism.
1. Education - Education programs that engage youth in hands-on environmental projects and initiatives could be a new avenue for growth in the education industry.
2. Environmental Non-profits - Non-profit organizations that focus on environmental activism may benefit from partnering with youth-led projects and campaigns that prioritize innovative solutions.
3. Entertainment - The involvement of actors and celebrities in environmental issues and initiatives, like the Ocean Heroes Bootcamp, could lead to new opportunities for cross-industry partnerships between entertainment and environmental organizations.