These Nyan Cat Ferrari photos come courtesy of DJ/musician Deadmau5.
Deadmau5 (also known as Joel Thomas Zimmerman) posted pictures of his Ferrari 458 decorated with Nyan Cat, the popular Internet meme of 2011. For those who are lucky enough to not remember, Nyan Cat was a viral video of a cat with the body of a Pop-Tart that flew through space and left a rainbow trail behind it. It was the fifth most viewed YouTube video of 2011. The body of the Ferrari is a baby blue color, with Nyan Cat flying around along the sides.
The Nyan Cat Ferrari is not a paint job, but rather it is a vinyl wrap, meaning that it can removed with relative ease, so all you Ferrari purists can breath a bit easier now.
DJ Deadmau5's Nyan Cat Ferrari is Getting Noticed
1. Vinyl Wrapped Luxury Cars - The trend of using vinyl wraps as a customizable and easily removable alternative to traditional car paint has disruptive innovation potential for luxury car manufacturers and marketing firms.
2. Pop Culture-influenced Design - Designs that feature references to popular memes or current pop culture trends have disruptive innovation potential for marketers, designers, and merchandise manufacturers.
3. Social Media Viral Marketing - The viral success of the Nyan Cat phenomenon and its incorporation into the design of a luxury car has disruptive innovation potential for marketers seeking new methods of social media engagement.
1. Luxury Car Manufacturing - Luxury car manufacturers could offer vinyl wrapping options or partner with pop culture influencers to create limited edition designs to appeal to a younger, meme-savvy demographic.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising firms could develop campaigns that leverage the popularity and virality of current memes to promote products, services, or individuals.
3. Merchandising - The incorporation of popular memes or pop culture references into branded merchandise (such as vinyl car wraps) can create new disruptive innovation possibilities for merchandise manufacturers and retailers.