For Millennials, anti-marketing can often be just as successful as traditional selling techniques, and this no-effort ad proves it.
Created as an intentional play on traditional marketing techniques, this advertisement for the Friars pub in Bridgnorth is the ultimate no-effort ad. Consisting of a made-up text message conversation between Tom Hughes (the pub owner), and Dave Blackhurt (the creator of the ad), the campaign depicts Hughes requesting that a poster be made for the pub's up-coming live music nights. Blackhurst makes a cheeky move and frames the fictitious conversation outside of the pub. The resulting poster has since gone viral on Twitter and has garnered the pub extra attention.
In an interview with local newspaper 'the Shropshire Star,' Blackhurst admits he doesn't even own an iPhone and had to Photoshop the no-effort ad.
This No-Effort Ad by Dave Blackhirst Targets Millennial Audiences
1. Anti-marketing - Opportunity for businesses to leverage unconventional marketing techniques to target Millennials.
2. Viral Advertising - Opportunity for businesses to create attention-grabbing campaigns that spread rapidly on social media.
3. Creative Publicity Stunts - Opportunity for businesses to generate buzz and gain extra attention through unique and unexpected promotional activities.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage establishments to engage with Millennials through anti-marketing tactics.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for advertising and marketing agencies to help businesses create viral advertising campaigns.
3. Entertainment and Events - Opportunity for entertainment and event companies to utilize creative publicity stunts to attract audiences.