The average dinner and a show is not what you get from New York's Nitehawk Cinema.
The theater now serves a variety of dinner and drinks with its movie screenings, after working with the state in order to renegotiate the liquor laws that once prohibited alcoholic drinks from being served in cinemas. But beyond just offering light refreshments, the NYC cinema makes the experience even more interesting by carefully curating its specials menu to match the newest selection of movies being shown.
Inspired by Ex Machina, the cinema created 'Dancing with Kyoko,' a spicy tuna and vegetable-based dish. Since the father figure character in the Infinitely Polar Bear movie is often tempted by drugs and alcohol, the cinema cleverly renamed cans of Narragansett as 'Dad's Beer.'
New York's Nitehawk Cinema Coordinates Food and Movie Choices
1. Themed Movie Menus - Movie theaters across the world can offer a more differentiated experience by curating their menus based on the movie genres.
2. Lobby Bar Service - Providing bar service in the lobby or during intermission can create a more immersive experience for customers, making the trip to the cinema more worthwhile.
3. Interactive Movie/menu Pairings - Movie theaters can enhance the customer experience by making the menu more interactive and paired with the movie being shown, through virtual reality experiences or customized augmented reality apps.
1. Movie Theaters - Theaters can curate their menus to deliver an immersive experience, adding value to the customer experience.
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can work with movie theaters to create unique menu items, leading to increased sales and brand awareness.
3. Technology - Technology companies can develop customized augmented reality apps and virtual reality experiences that help curate interactive movie and menu pairings.