Universal Parks and Resorts and Nintendo have teamed up to bring the video game company's digital worlds into reality with a Nintendo theme park. Thanks to Universal's experience with making the fantasy into an inhabitable space, the Nintendo theme park promises to show off the world of Mario and friends, in particular.
The Mario universe is a fantastic one, but Universal believes it can make it a reality. This includes things like gigantic piranha plants, question blocks, power-ups, and all the characters that add to the gaming franchise's charm.
The Nintendo theme parks are set to be built at Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort, and Universal Studios Hollywood. Though based on the world of Mario, the companies assure that there will be something for everyone, regardless of age or gaming experience level.
Nintendo and Universal Parks and Resorts are Creating a Nintendo Theme Park
1. Video Game Theme Parks - The creation of video game theme parks by Universal Parks and Resorts and Nintendo offers opportunities to bring digital worlds into reality
2. Real-life Immersion Experiences - The use of giant props and character features to bring the charm of gaming franchises to life in the theme park environment creates immersive experiences disrupting the traditional theme park industry
3. Cross-industry Partnerships - Partnerships between gaming and entertainment companies bring opportunities for growth and expansion into adjacent industries such as theme parks and amusement parks
1. Entertainment - The collaboration between Universal Parks and Resorts and Nintendo highlights the potential for disruption in the entertainment industry as new immersive experiences merge digital and physical worlds
2. Gaming - The creation of video game theme parks by Nintendo and Universal Parks and Resorts creates new channels for gaming companies to expand revenue streams and drive growth
3. Theme Parks and Amusement Parks - The creation of immersive experiences in theme parks disrupts traditional theme park models by creating real-life environments based on popular entertainment franchises such as gaming