If you're still pining for the days of Duck Hunt and Super Mario 3, take heart, because this Nintendo Controller Coffee Table has just what your den needs. Created by designer Charles Lushear, from the Etsy store 'The Bohemian Workbench,' this nod to retro gaming is completely functional, so you can play your old favorites while sipping on your morning java.
Made using premium maple, mahogany and walnut, the Nintendo Controller Coffee Table will cost you a pretty penny, but the novelty alone is well worth the extra coin. Play one round of Tetris on the coffee-bearing control board and you'll be hooked. Sure, it might be a little harder to get your thumb to the B button in time, but the fact that you're playing with your coffee table should take the sting out of any low scores.
Geeky, retro and fun to boot, this Nintendo-inspired furniture design will make all your gamer friends green with envy.
The Nintendo Controller Coffee Table Boasts Fully Functional Controls
1. Retro Themed Furniture - Creating functional furniture inspired by classic gaming consoles presents an opportunity for designers to experiment with nostalgia and practical design in unexpected ways.
2. Crossover Merchandise - Blending practical and novelty designs to create memorabilia that serves a practical purpose presents a unique opportunity for licensing products and merchandise.
3. Interactive Furniture Designs - Designers creating furniture that accomplishes more than their original purpose presents an opportunity for furniture companies to provide consumers with an engaging and practical experience.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry could create innovative gaming-inspired pieces that appeal to those looking to add a whimsical touch to their home decor.
2. Gaming - The gaming industry could further capitalize on the nostalgia of classic consoles by developing or licensing merchandise that serves as practical household items.
3. Retail - Retail companies could partner with designers to create exclusive and unique furniture collections that appeal to a younger, gamer demographic.