Nicola Samori has managed to create a beautiful series of work that reflects a darker, depressing aesthetic.
Using oil paints, the artist manages to put a twist on traditional paintings. Nicola Samori smudges the faces of her subjects and surrounding area. The paintings' faces are hard to make out and add a haunting effect to the otherwise flawless depictions. The images are dark and haunting, yet undeniably beautiful. Nicola Samori's talent though is on par with many other artists, as her work and message is clearly displayed through her oil paintings.
Nicola Samori's work, according to JL Schnabel, "[...] incorporates the intense and realistic style of the Baroque period within a modern, psychological context."
Nicola Samori's Paintings are Harrowing and Dark
1. Twisted Traditions - There is an opportunity for artists to innovate by putting a unique twist on traditional techniques and styles.
2. Haunting Imagery - Artists can explore creating images with a haunting and unsettling effect to evoke a strong emotional response.
3. Modern Baroque - There is a potential for artists to combine the intensity and realism of Baroque art with contemporary psychological themes.
1. Fine Art - Artists in the fine art industry can experiment with new techniques and styles to create captivating and thought-provoking pieces.
2. Art Galleries - Art galleries have an opportunity to showcase artwork that deviates from traditional norms and offers a haunting and unique experience for visitors.
3. Art Education - Art educators can incorporate the works of artists like Nicola Samori to introduce students to different artistic styles and encourage innovation in their own works.