NextVR, a self-described "pioneer in capturing and delivering immersive, high-definition, live and recorded virtual reality experiences" based in Laguna Beach in California, is going to be streaming the opening game of the NBA season to all of its users in full and glorious virtual reality.
If you have a Gear VR or other compatible virtual reality headset on you, then you will be able to watch last season's NBA champions the Golden State Warriors and the New Orleans Pelicans go head to head and feel as if you're right court-side.
Users will be limited to a 180-degree view, but it is hoped that as this technology grows, evolves and just becomes better, viewers will eventually be able to make use of NextVR to enjoy completely immersive 360-degree virtual reality sporting experiences.
NextVR is Streaming the First NBA Game Of the Season
1. Virtual Reality Streaming - Opportunity for virtual reality companies to capture and deliver immersive live experiences for various industries.
2. Immersive Sporting Experiences - Opportunity for sports industry to enhance fan engagement by providing immersive virtual reality experiences during live games.
3. Evolving VR Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to develop and improve 360-degree virtual reality capabilities for more immersive experiences.
1. Virtual Reality - Opportunity for virtual reality companies to expand their offerings by streaming live sports events in virtual reality.
2. Sports - Opportunity for sports industry to attract and engage fans by integrating virtual reality technology into live game experiences.
3. Technology - Opportunity for technology companies to advance virtual reality capabilities and enhance user experiences in various sectors.