More than happy to make the ultimate change to make the world a greener place, the New York Jets football team can now boast about their green makeover as they have installed approximately 3,000 solar panels to their rooftop in order to generate solar energy. According to Thad Sheely -- New York Jets Executive Vice President of Finance and Stadium Development -- the team was extremely “proud to be green in color and also in deed.”
The New York Jets training facility (Atlantic Health Training Center) is now a whopping 120,000 square footage of solar-producing energy and is capable of generating 750,000KWh of electricity per year.
The New York Jets Installs 3,000 Solar Panels in their Training Facility
1. Green Energy - The installation of solar panels on the New York Jets training facility highlights the trend of incorporating green energy solutions into sports infrastructure.
2. Sustainable Sports Facilities - The use of solar panels by the New York Jets demonstrates the trend towards creating sustainable sports facilities that prioritize renewable energy sources.
3. Corporate Sustainability Initiatives - The New York Jets' installation of solar panels reflects the growing trend of businesses and organizations implementing sustainability initiatives.
1. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry stands to benefit from the increased adoption of solar panels in sports facilities, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities.
2. Sports Facility Construction - The construction industry specializing in sports facilities can capitalize on the demand for sustainable infrastructure by incorporating renewable energy solutions.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility - The corporate social responsibility industry can offer consulting services to organizations seeking to implement sustainability initiatives similar to the New York Jets' solar panel installation.