Twitch streamer and immensely popular Fortnite star Tyler "Ninja" Blevins recently announced he will be hosting a 12-hour New Years live stream from New York's Time Square. The event will be run by Blevin's sponsor Red Bull and will stream directly from Ninja's personal Twitch channel. According to Blevin "“This is just my ultimate NYE Fortnite LAN party with some of my best friends and a few surprises that I hope we as a community can have a lot of fun with.”
The New Years live stream will also feature a series of notable guests as Blevin's rings in the new year for time zones around the world. Blevin's also hopes that this New Year live stream will bring gaming further into the mainstream, and will hopefully build a new tradition around late night New Year's gaming.
Image Credit: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Ninja Will Host a New Years Live Stream in New York's Time's Square
1. New Year's Eve Gaming Live Streams - Opportunity for gaming-centric events and sponsorships to build a new tradition of late night New Year's gaming.
2. Celebrity-hosted Live Streams - Opportunity for brands to partner with popular influencers for live stream events and collaborations.
3. Global Timezone Celebratory Live Streaming - Opportunity for brands to leverage regional timezones for New Year's celebrations and create a worldwide audience.
1. Gaming - Opportunity for gaming companies and related media to capitalize on the growing trend of New Year's Eve gaming events.
2. Live Streaming - Opportunity for live streaming platforms and related industries to partner with influencers to create unique live stream events.
3. Beverage/spirit Brands - Opportunity for brands in the beverage/spirits industry to sponsor live stream events and create new tradition of late night New Year celebration with gaming.