DoorDash and Twitch have announced ‘Battle of the Brands,’ a $35,000 MultiVersus tournament that will see Twitch’s most popular creators assigned US-based restaurants in order to promote all parties involved. Restaurants like Chilli’s, KFC, Wendy’s, and Taco Bell will be featured in the event, along with Twitch talents like Aydan, Nadia, FaZe Mew, and Grimmz. The event will be hosted by Chris Puckett and other on-air talents.
To celebrate the event, DoorDash will be gifting 100 gift cards to viewers and running promotions throughout the series. Twitch will be offering up to 1000 subscriptions to lucky fans, allowing them to support their favorite streamers using emotes. The winner of the event will receive a cash prize and a year-long supply of DoorDash.
Katie Daire, Senior Director of Consumer Marketing at DoorDash, commented: “While we’ll have to wait to see which favourite restaurant will reign supreme, we’re certain the two-day livestream will be a can’t miss event for foodies and gamers alike with surprises around every corner.”
Image Credit: DoorDash
DoorDash and Twitch Announce a Restaurant-Themed Tournament
1. Brand-themed Esports Tournaments - There is a growing trend of harnessing the popularity of esports to promote brands and restaurants, which offers opportunities for further collaborations between gaming and food industries.
2. Gamification of Food Delivery Services - The DoorDash tournament demonstrates the potential for gamification as a way to attract customers and build brand loyalty for food delivery services, leading to opportunities for enhanced customer engagement strategies.
3. Cross-promotion Strategies - Collaborations between companies from different industries, like DoorDash partnering with Twitch, provide ample opportunities for cross-promotion and reaching a wider audience, leading to new marketing strategies for businesses.
1. Fast Food Industry - The tournament demonstrates the potential for fast food brands to increase engagement and brand awareness via esports, leading to potential growth in marketing budget allocation towards esports and gaming.
2. Esports Industry - The DoorDash tournament highlights the growth and demand for brand-themed esports tournaments and opens up opportunities for partnerships between gaming and food industries, leading to potential growth in the esports industry's revenue streams.
3. Food Delivery Industry - Gamification of food delivery services presents an opportunity for companies to differentiate themselves and build brand loyalty among customers, leading to innovative strategies for customer acquisition and retention for the food delivery industry.